Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sauce Profile: Sriracha


Huy Fong Sriracha Garlic Hot Sauce

Excuse me for a minute while I have a Mouthgasm.

I'm gonna go out on a very frail limb and say that this is my all time favorite hot sauce. Comparable to heroin for my taste buds. I will eat this on anything. It's no one trick pony hot sauce (I'm looking at you Franks Red Hot - whore.)

Lets get to the details kids.
Sriracha isn't the name of the sauce, it's the style. It originates from the coastal village of Si-Racha, Thailand. Created by the locals from regional sun-ripened chili's, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt. Traditional Sriracha is tangier and contains more heat and vinegar than American produced Sriracha. But because of the American Palate being used to High Fructose infused condiments like Heinz-Ketchup - a sweeter, more balanced version was created.

Let's not discredit the HOY FONG COMPANY.
They are doing great things with a great product.
The only artificial ingredients in this sauce are the preservatives added for shelf-life.

Otherwise - No Artificial Sweeteners, Colors or Posion.

I'm voting 5 stars. And a Naturally Fucking Tasty award.

-Ginn

No comments:

Post a Comment